Simon Kellett | owner/director
Simon Kellett is the director of Vicsail Western Port.
He established the office at Western Port Marina, on the Mornington Peninsula, in 1992. An experienced yachtsman of 32 years, Simon has competed in Australian and international sailing races including:
- 3 x Melbourne to Osaka Two Handed Yacht Race, winning Division B in 1995
- 2 x Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race
- 4 x Hamilton Island Race Week regattas
- Numerous West Coasters (Melbourne to Hobart), taking line honors two-handed in 1994
- Created Australian history in 1992, taking line honors two handed in the Melbourne to Devonport Yacht Race (the first time in the history of Australian blue water ocean racing that a crew of two won line honors, beating all fully crewed yachts)
- Melbourne to Burnie, Melbourne to Stanley, Melbourne to King Island, Melbourne to Port Fairy, Sydney to Southport
Simon offers instruction on power and sailing boats to help purchasers learn about their new vessels. He also delivers boats throughout Australia and arranges road transport of boats for purchasers within Australia.
Barry Brady | sales
Barry Brady has sailing in his blood. He has been sailing for 32 years, owns a Roberts 36 Pilothouse Cruising Yacht at Western Port Marina and has a vast number of yacht races under his belt including 16 x Marley Point yacht races.
He has sailed in the Western Port Bay area since 1984 and has cruised Bass Strait on various blue water yachts.
Barry is part of the Western Port Marina boating community, he builds racing dinghys and he is highly experienced in boat maintenance and navigation technologies.
About Us – History
Vicsail launched into the Australian sailing fraternity in 1983 and has been going like the wind ever since the first office was established in Geelong.
From these modest beginnings, the business has grown over the last 25 years to become the premier yacht broking network in Australasia.
Experience leads the way.
Rich in sailing experience, the Vicsail team offers clients a unique combination of knowledge, professionalism and consideration. We continue to lead the industry with our all-encompassing service and strive to make buying a yacht a pleasurable experience. More than 60 per cent of our business is from repeat clientele.
Vicsail directors understand that every sailor, or potential sailor, has different needs and experience levels. By drawing on the talents and resources of the entire Vicsail network, Vicsail can source the right yacht for you.
Our points of difference:
• Premier yacht broking network in Australasia
• 25 years serving both buyers and sellers
• Experienced in sailing boats, not just selling boats